Friday, October 10, 2008

We've come to a fork in the road - should we take it?

These days I go to various places for information on matters of political economy, and right now I regard RGE Monitor as a very useful source of information and commentary. It seems that the "improvement" of the Paulson "Cash for Trash" Bill during the legislative process included language which made taxpayer participation in the ownership of financial firms allowable, though not compulsory. Good. I think. Barack Obama (upon whom be peace) asked my congressperson to vote affirmatively on the measure that finally passed, and let's hope it all works out in the long run.

The big guys (finance ministers and central bankers of the G7) are meeting in DC this weekend, and the future's ahead.

1 Comments:

Blogger thepuppethead said...

Here's hoping.

I'm one of those dumbasses who has been shoving money in my 401k.

I'm thinking it would have been a whole lot more fun to just dig a hole in the back yard, fill it with cash, and set it on fire.

October 11, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home