Thursday, June 02, 2011
- Name: mistah charley, ph.d.
- Location: United States
"This is the future. You've got to live it, or live with it." The Firesign Theatre pointed this out, decades ago. Bob Dylan advised, "let us not talk falsely now, the hour's getting late." I would like to live in a country that has a decent respect for the opinions of mankind(as Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence), that cultivates just and amicable feelings towards all other nations (Washington), that listens to the better angels of our nature (Lincoln), and that takes seriously Eisenhower's warnings about the military industrial congressional financial corporate media complex (the MICFiC). I have an "Out of Iraq" sign up at my house, and hope the Bush Gang receives fair trials, with all the constitutionally mandated protections they wish to abolish for others. "You may think that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."(John Lennon) Someone at the Nova Scotia Archives told a cousin of mine once, "We're all related - even the Chinese." I think so too. May the Creative Forces of the Universe have mercy on our souls, if any.
- Against TPTB; Keep On Truckin'
- April 11 - Assembling to Petition for a Redress of...
- Is Barack Obama a Snake in the Grass?
- We've come to a fork in the road - should we take ...
- I'm sending this fax to my Senators and Congresspe...
- Our next president's one-sentence stump speech
- It's A Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story
- I see dead people - but I'm not the only one
- What makes an action "moral" or "immoral"?
- MICFiC - an acronym every child should know